Sunday 15 June 2014

On the journey so far...

...Here's what I've learnt:



I'm only halfway through this blog challenge and here's what it's already highlighted to me - Whilst I have a generally positive view of my body, I still find it all too easy to say/think/point out negatives and knock back compliments, rather than recognise and be thankful for the positives. But more interesting than, that I've begun to appreciate how much I take my body for granted.

For example, when I smile, I think about why I'm smiling rather than the connection from my brain and all the muscles that work to make it happen. When I walk I am focussed on the destination and not all the parts of our body that make that possible.

To be fair, it would be time consuming and draining to think about the wonder and complexity of our bodies all the time - But I'd encourage you to do it sometimes!

I genuinely believe that if we begin with gratitude (not just the awareness that comes when something’s not working), we become more positive about our bodies and move closer to self-love. It does however take a conscious effort and perhaps some practice, so please join me on the journey that is #30daysofbodypraise over the coming week(s).

Thanks for joining the journey so far,
Denise x


PS: Find out more about the project that's behind #30daysofbodypraise at: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/BodyConfidence and please support us however you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment