It's Boxing Day - traditionally the first day of the post-Christmas sales. Some sales are so anticipated, people queue outside in the cold for hours to nab the top bargains.
However, when I'm doing wardrobe audits to weed them or find gaps (http://www.damsonbelle.co.uk/wardrobe.html), I often find that the very items left sitting in them are sale purchases that weren't well thought through. If this sounds familiar to you, here is my five-point plan to manage this scenario for both on-line and real-time shopping:
- Know your best colours and styles - you can grab quicker and more accurately then! (The things you regularly wear/get complimented on may give you a clue if you've not seen a professional)
- Do a wardrobe audit (and remind yourself how much you didn't wear (m)any of your previous sale purchases!) - step 1 will help you with this too.
- List what you might need to make outfits out of items
- Set a budget and stick to it
- Shop smart by asking questions like 'how often will I wear this?' every time you pick up an item
Essentially, it's about having a plan, so don't leave home without one or you'll be fooled into buying more that will sit in the back of your wardrobe with tags on!
For more tips, check out this article: http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/fashion-blog/2013/dec/26/boxing-day-sale-shopping-tips-post-christmas
Until next time!
- Call on: 07887 643807
- Look at: www.damsonbelle.co.uk
- Follow at: @DenDamBelle
- Check out my Pintrest: Denise Sanderson-Estcourt
- Like me at: Damson Belle on Facebook
- Join: This blog!