Saturday 21 June 2014

Skin is in

Showing this summer! 


Whatever your size or shape, and whatever body parts work or don’t we’ve all got skin, and as it’s summer there tends to be alot more skin on show now!

I’ve been able to praise many of my body parts at will in writing this blog, but I have to be honest I’m not finding this one easy.

I have what I consider to be ‘troublesome’ skin. I’ve got dry skin generally, but I’m still prone to teenage spots on my adult face. Add to that scars from a bout of chicken pox as an adult, evidence of various cuts, bumps and bruises, and an increasing number of (hereditary) moles on my face and you can see my problems.

Oh p-lease I hear you say as you list your own skin problems, and you’d be right. But, lets face it: these aren’t really problems, are they?; and it could be so much worse – I could have serious skin conditions or have been seriously scarred.

And there it is. The solution. The same solution as in all these blogs... Be thankful for what you’ve got.

So, here is my guide to loving the skin you're in:
  1. Be thankful for your skin (the largest organ of your body)
  2. Moisturise and protect it from the sun (that tan just isn't worth your health)
  3. Show it off with pride (but maybe not all of it at the same time!)

What's your favourite skincare product?


That's all for today! 
Denise x


PS: Find out more about the project that's behind #30daysofbodypraise at: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/BodyConfidence and please support us however you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment