|A colourful print for Springter!|
It's officially Spring - the daffodils are blooming, but. ..it feels more like winter so how do we style for the season whilst keeping out the chills?! Chances are - much as we'd like to hibernate - you have to leave the house some time, so here are my top six tips on dressing for a snowy spring:
- Layer up, with the light on top - Wear a spring outfit with thermals, jumpers and leggings underneath... Angela Weyers of 'My Stylist London' called it 'thermal chic'!
- If like me, you're not quite ready to ditch the winter coat, play with 'softening' accessories like a beret rather than a beenie!
|A deep floral touch!|
- Introduce florals in your deepest shades - florals are very Spring but don't have to be in light and pastel shades.
- Lighten up! - Go for spring shades in cosy fabrics such as a woolly cardi' (remember some of us need to wear pastels with bolder colours, others can go tone-on-tone)
- Change your make-up and/ nail varnish - I've gone from my deep plum winter lippy to a more spring-like pink lip gloss (just make sure it's in your shade!)
- Shop! - The shops are full of new season styles (as they should be, of course)... Go shopping wrapped up, but think of and prepare for warmer days.
PS - Thank you Phineas & Ferb for the title idea!