Friday 28 March 2014

Petite? There's so much more!

A report from the Petite Networking event of...

I connected with Debonita and was invited to do a talk at her petite networking event a few weeks ago. It was great to be in a crowd and feel 'average'. It doesn't happen often, not even at family events, considering that I'm shorter than even my 12yo nephew! 

The first speaker was Jess of "Jeetley Petite" who talked to us about the her petite challenges in finding workwear which lead to the creation of the label, and what goes into getting petite clothing made. I was certainly left with an appreciation of what goes into making petite clothes and that it's not just about using less material. 

We also heard from Rebecca Goodyear about skincare. Obviously, taking care of your skin is not exclusive to us petites, and you'd be amazed at what's gone (going) into our make-up over the years!

Our final speaker was the very stylish Aga of "I A.M the Brand" who went through the trends for the season and which would work for petites.

In between these was me, and the theme of my talk was that "we are not all the same but we are all more than our height" - a 'concept' that seemed to be appreciated. I talked about the rules: what they are, why they exist and - most importantly imho - how and why to break them incorporating style personality and bodyshape. Apparently it was "...epic"! (*Denise grins widely*)

It really was a great evening, and I will certainly be supporting petite brands more to make sure they stay in the shops. 

To sum up:
"Petite ain't nothing but a number, Your height ain't nothing but a thing;
There's so much more to you, That'll never change"
(Sing it to the tune of "Age ain't nothing but a number" by Aaliah"... Loudly!)

Other notes from the night:

As well as the presentations, there were a number of stalls with products not just aimed at, but designed for, petite ladies. Sadly, I'm petite in stature but not shoe size so rather than buy my favourite shoes as a treat, I enjoyed getting my nails done by @NiceNailsBaby instead. Check out the full event details and suppliers at:
http://www.petitefashionweek.co.uk
The shoes* from Petite Shoe Boutique (www.petiteshoeboutique.co.uk)
My nails by @NiceNailsBaby

*Me and my red shoe love: http://damsonbelle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/how-to-wear-red-shoes.html 

Until next time.....

Petite & Proud!
Denise x

For more:

  • Call on: 07887 643807
  • Look at: www.damsonbelle.co.uk
  • Follow at: @DenDamBelle
  • Check out my Pintrest: Denise Sanderson-Estcourt
  • Like me at: Damson Belle on Facebook
  • Join: This blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment