I am loving the sunshine and hoping that it lasts, but it seems too early in the year for summer dresses, hot pants and flip-flops if you ask me - but maybe I’m just getting old because judging from the fashion on show on a recent shopping trip, it seems that I’m out-of-touch. However if, like me, you’re not quite ready to bare all just yet...here are my
Top Tips for dressing at the moment!
- Get a hot new Hairstyle: It’s time to ditch the winter hats, and as we can no longer hide our hair under one, it’s a great time to have a hair makeover. Check out this article for some inspiration http://www.ivillage.co.uk/celebrity-hair-trends-get-the-look/146452 If you’re thinking of dyeing your hair remember this might affect the colours that flatter you in terms of clothes and make-up.
- Do a Make-up audit: Talking of make-up, it’s also worth checking your make-up bag now too - I’m moving from my deep plum lippy to red. Also don’t forget you should get rid of anything that is out-of-date and up the SPF.
- Up top and over: The daytimes are lovely and warm, but as the sun goes down and the evening cools you will need a lightweight cover up. Also, out of the sun or in open areas there can be a breeze. For me it’s time to get out my cropped denim jacket and an array of bright cardi’s.
- Lower level: Like I said, I’m not ready to expose my legs just yet... after a winter of tights, they need some TLC first! But it’s never too early for my linen trousers and coloured jeans are also very now. When I do ditch the trousers, Spring sees the outing of my denim skirt and coloured pencil skirts make an appearance.
- Dress-up: Maxi dresses are a great way to look girly and remain a bit covered-up. I like them layered – maybe a t-shirt underneath and my denim jacket/cardigan on top (which also works with a summer dress). I also avoid all over black and shift to navy/grey/beige which look less harsh and are just as smart and versatile.
- Fetching feet: OK, so I have to get out of my boots but rather than go straight to sandals and flip-flops, I’m going with peep toe shoes. Coloured pumps also make for great Spring-time footwear.
Finally, this Spring is a great time for sherbet colours, floral prints and lace.
The main thing though, is to make sure you’re wearing the right colours and styles for you and have a closet of clothes that makes you feel as warm and bright as the Spring sunshine... so feel free to ignore me and wear your bikini now if you want to!
|Me wearing a printed maxi dress, bright cardi' and peep toe shoes.|